Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Never Grow Up. Happy Birthday, My Sweet Kate.



A Year.

It came and went in the blink of an eye.

And as I look back to the day that Sweet Baby Kate made her grand entrance into this world, I can't help but remember every emotion I experienced.  I remember it like it was seriously yesterday.  The labor process to bring that sweet child into this world was one that was long and complicated, but I would do it all over again.  If you're a mommy and as crazy as it sounds, you know exactly what I'm talking about!

Baby K was safe and sound in my little large belly so she had no intentions of leaving her little comfortable surroundings.  I'll spare you the details of the long process, so to make it short and sweet it looked a little something like this....

2 days past my due date + 0 cervical dilation + 26 hours of trying to induce labor + oh, she's actually breeched + an emergency c-section = my sweet K's birth story. 


So this is Love.




First Family Picture :)

Fast Forward.

It's been a year since then.  And this sweet baby girl has brought so much joy into our lives it's almost impossible to remember life before.  Even before we met our sweet angel, we referred to her as Sweet Kate and has she ever lived up to that name.  She's changed so much in the past year and as much as I look for myself in her physical features, she still looks. just. like. her. daddy. I mean, yes, some days she does look a little bit like me, but if you compare our baby pictures, she's literally a spitting image of her daddy.  My hair was completely white by my first birthday so I've given up on holding out for blonde hair.  And oh, those cheeks.  No one could deny those Johnston cheeks :)  Her little personality is starting to show more and more everyday and she is continually making us smile.

When I recently heard Miss T. Swift's song "Never Grow Up" I cried, like I do with any song that mentions anything about babies growing up or time moving way too fast or anything closely related.  So when my sister warned me about this sweet little song on T. Swift's new CD, I knew I better grab the tissues.  It's a sweet song about the relationship between a mother and daughter.  If you're a female, you know it's a special bond.  But it takes on a whole new meaning when you actually have your own daughter.  I won't sing the whole song for you, but if you get the chance, take a listen.  It will probably make you cry because A. You never want your little one to grow up or B. You are asking yourself, "when did I grow up?!"









Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little







Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple





I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart



And even though you want to
Please try to never grow up

Don't you ever grow up
Just never grow up









HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY MY SWEET KATE.
I LOVE YOU,
MOMMY 





3 comments:

  1. Such a doll baby! Happy Birthday to Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable, Hailey! What a precious little blessing! I LOVE that song, it makes me cry every time I hear it!

    ReplyDelete