Friday, January 22, 2010

Forever Young.

Well Baby K is FINALLY here! I'm not gonna lie, I thought she was never going to make her entrance- SERIOUSLY.  Here's a summary of how she decided to make her grand entrance.

-Go to Dr. 9:00 am Monday (11th) morning and I had not dilated at all! AND I was 2 days past my due date.  We knew if I hadn't made some serious progress by now then we would plan on inducing.  Our bags were packed and in the car and since I hadn't changed in a week there really was no reason to wait any longer.  So we planned on going to the hospital at 5:00 PM and giving K a little encouragement.

-We ran by the mall to return some items that I had been meaning to return for a while.  I don't know if I was stressed, anxious, overwhelmed or what but I started experiencing numbness in my right side and blurry vision (I had already experienced numbness while getting ready earlier in the morning in the left side) It freaked me out a bit especially when I started losing my speech and I couldn't even think of the words I was trying to write while trying to text my sister.  Steven was equally freaked out.  We finished lunch and went ahead and headed to the hospital. I called the Dr. and he told me to go ahead and check into the hospital.  No last minute run back to Cleveland or afternoon nap!

-Check in to hospital about 2:00 PM and get our room so they can monitor me.  They ended up actually starting the 12 hour process involving Cervidil a little early. My mom and dad arrive about 6:00 PM.  Contractions were well underway, but no epidural because I had to make it to 4 cm first- Awesome! LOOOOONNNNGG night of intense back contractions.  My incredible hubby massaged my back and encouraged me through every contraction as he watched them rise and fall.

-8:00 AM - Almost 4 cm so bring on the epidural.  I'm not gonna lie I was so freaked out by the fact I couldn't feel my legs so I had to mentally decide to not think about it. I was turned from side to side trying to get her to move down into the birth canal.  Pretty much laid on my side for the rest of the day drifting in and out of sleep.  My mom, dad, and Steven kept me company for the remainder of the day and the Dr. popped over a couple of times (Really nice his office is right next to the hospital!) Dr. plans on really being able to start pushing around 5 or so- Hopefully.

-3:00 PM- Nurse checks me, our fingers are crossed I've made some serious progress (It's been 24 hours now) And the nurse says "Oh, that's not good...That's her booty, not her head" Seriously? And then comes "You're gonna have to have a C-Section" And then comes the tears.  I was filled with disappointment, fear, exhaustion...I mean I had been prepping for 25 hours to deliver this sweet girl and now I'm gonna be whisked away to have major surgery.  My mom and dad came back in the room and Steven broke the news.

4:00 PM or so- All the different Doctors that would be involved in the C-Section come in and introduce themselves and tell me what they will be doing. I really have no recollection of what time they wheeled me into surgery, but I'm guessing around 4:30.  My family gathered around me (my sister had now arrived) and my dad said a quick prayer.  Dr. Shull let my mom be in there for the C-section too! She was our official photographer :)

Scared to death, but surrounded by my mom and Steven and the sweetest anesthesiologist (he was probably the cutest old man ever hehe) who explained every step to me. I tried not to listen to closely to what the Dr. was saying because he was having a little bit of a difficult time getting her out. But, in spite of it all she arrived.....

January 12, 2010.  5:10 PM- weighing a healthy 7lb. 12oz.  and measuring 21 inches long.  She may have her daddy's looks, but I think she has her momma's long legs :)

I will NEVER forget her first cry. I couldn't see her but, once I heard that sweet cry my heart melted and I had the most calm and peaceful feeling come over me.

After it's all said and done (even the 5 days in the hospital) I wouldn't trade it for anything because she is here and she's healthy and she's the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on.

The song 'Forever Young' was at the end of a TV show the other night and Steven states- "I remember when this song came out and it always made my mom sad thinking about my brother (her baby) growing up as he was about to move out." Due to the massive lack of sleep combined with these CRAZY hormones, I had a huge meltdown and could not stop crying.  Mainly because I had found myself longing several times for the next stage when sleep somewhat returns and I can do a little more with her than feed, change, rock, feed, change, change, feed..... AND then I started getting really sad thinking how could I be wishing this time away? It's so precious and it only happens for the first time once in your life.  SOOOO now I find myself in tears when I think about her getting older and I just want to freeze time right where we are.   Here are the lyrics that have turned me into an emotional basket case- Okay, I blame the hormones too!


  To My Sweet Baby Kate:

May the good Lord be with you 
Down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness 
surround you when you're far from home


And may you grow to be proud
Dignified and true
And do unto others
As you'd have done to you
Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young

And may you never love in vain
and in my heart you will remain
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young
Forever Young

And when you finally fly away
I'll be hoping that I served you well
For all the wisdom of a lifetime
No one can ever tell

But whatever road you choose
I'm right behind you, win or lose
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young ,Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young
For, Forever Young, Forever Young




LOVE.





Well, Hello There!



Me, Kate, and Honey
 My poor hair haha.  My sweet momma was putting face powder in it before the C- Section trying to get it under control- no help for the weary hehe. I mean I hadn't washed in in 48 hours. But I don't even care! :)




Beautiful Aunt K- She loves her soooo much!









                         Proud Poppy and Honey










First Family Photo after coming out of Recovery





Me, Kate and the Incredible Dr. John Shull-
I am holding a pic of Dr. Shull holding me after delivering me almost
25 yrs ago!
How special is that?!?!











"Hmm..I think I'm gonna like it here!"
Such a Big Girl!- One week old.
Already passed her birth weight now at 8lbs 2oz
She's a GREAT eater! Feel really blessed :)

1 comment:

  1. She was just going to make her grand entrance when and how she wanted to...huh?! That's GREAT about her weight!! Rader was the same way. Looking forward to seeing all three of you in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete