Saturday, January 9, 2010

Love Birds.

The Nursery is FINISHED!

I had been sitting in there all week staring at the wall over the crib trying to figure out what to do with it.  I really had just planned on leaving it blank and maybe hanging some pics of Baby Girl K once she got her, but that thought just wasn't cutting it anymore- I HAD to do something with that wall or I was going to go crazy!  I really had not been in the mood to do anymore painting or start any big projects since we're praying she comes any day now......


Well, that changed about 11:15 last night. I decided to just go ahead and paint the tree I had contemplated for some time now.  I wasn't tired much less in the mood to just lay in bed and battle the heartburn that has turned me into a fire breathing dragon by night, so I got out my paint and brushes and went to work.  Steven went on to bed and 5 hours later or so I finally crawled into bed knowing I could rest now with my blank wall conquered! SOOO pleased with how it turned out :) Take a Look.....




"Love you Always" Simple, but such an important message from Mommy and Daddy (behind the crib, the tree trunk goes all the way down- planning on using trunk as a growth chart throughout the years and "Love, Mommy & Daddy" is also inscribed at the bottom)






Side view





Love my Rocker, Recliner & Swivel Chair! :)





Plan on doing picture collages on both sides of the "Kate" Decal once we have some :) The bird picture hanging on the opposite wall is one my Mamaw (dad's mom) Painted for me when I was a child and it goes in the room PERFECTLY!  I just had it reframed and love how it's a way to remember her and her life!




Love how you can see top of Molly Bo's head  hehe (bottom right)












I love things that are sentimental and special
~The boots were mine when I was 4  (I broke my first and last bone in them running in the church parking lot on a rainy night)
~"Little Visits with God" was my dad's book that his parents gave him as a child- (There's a precious note on the inside from them & I have sweet memories of my dad reading to my brother and I as children at night from this same book!)





And our bags are packed We're READY to go!  Hopefully Baby Girl K will decide she's ready to meet us SOON because we sure are ready to meet you Sweet Girl! :)



1 comment:

  1. Hailey...that is BEAutiful!! I should have hired you to come and help me :) Can't wait to meet her...

    ReplyDelete