Thursday, April 22, 2010

How could I ask for More?

On Sunday I will experience the  "I'm halfway to 50, I've been alive for a quarter of a century, I'm 5 years away from 30" Birthday.

The BIG 2-5.

They say when you get older, times flies by so much faster and I am learning more and more that is SO true!  I literally remember when i was in 3rd grade counting how many more years I had left of school and thinking, "I'm gonna be in school for the rest of my life!" I've been out of college for 3 years now- man, that went by quick.

I can honestly say that Life is Good.  I have been feeling so extremely overwhelmed with how much God has blessed me lately that it's hard to grasp.  Sure, life has had it's ups and downs and I wouldn't say life has been easy, but I've seen God's faithfulness and His everlasting love for this child.

I've lost two sweet grandmothers and my mother-in-law in the past four years and even though I miss them daily, I'm reminded how precious this life is and how we should not take one day for granted.  Even though it makes me extremely sad that sweet Kate will never know these special ladies, it does make me think how much I want her to cherish the people she does have in her life and how important it is to spend time with them.  With that said, we are striving to do better about staying connected with out of town family and not letting life's busyness get in the way.

Steven and I are also starting a new ministry job in June.  Steven has taken the position of Baptist Collegiate Minister for Lee University and Cleveland State.  We are SOOOO excited.  I am still trying to  take in how God opened this door for us at the perfect time.  I am reminded that God's timing is PERFECT! And as hard as it is, I want to always say "Lord, not in my timing, but in yours!"

We had been praying for a while about ministry and being exactly where God wanted us to be.  Steven just finished his Master's in December and happened to see the position open.  We prayed about it, he applied, and it seemed like everything just unfolded so quickly.  Steven has always had a heart for discipleship and just building relationships with people.  This new job requires exactly that.  We are so looking forward to discipling college students and just living life with them.  He can also still lead worship on the side, which is also a huge passion of his.

With all that said, I am so looking forward to celebrating this birthday as a new mommy and by thinking back on this life and how much God has truly blessed me, in more ways than I could ever deserve. I can truly say, Thank you Lord, How Could I ask for More?


May 20, 2006- One of the Happiest Days of my Life. 
So blessed by a godly husband and best friend.



January 12, 2010 Another Happiest Day of My Life :)




Sweet Kate is growing sooo fast! Trying to cherish every day



And of course, so thankful for amazing parents, big brother, and little sister
Yes, we are at a bowling alley.  
One of my mom's ideas to get Kate to come while Patrick was here 
It was our first family bowling experience and quite enjoyable hehehe















No comments:

Post a Comment