Monday, September 20, 2010

Hailey's House: Go Green

One of my favorite things to do in my home is re purpose.  I get tired of things really quickly so when I can take something I already have and use it in another room, paint it, reupholster it, etc etc...I LOVE it.

Enter China Cabinet from 1976 (Seriously, 1976)

It was Steven's parents and it's been in his possession for a while now.  When we got married, I removed the gold lattice that covered the glass doors (sounds beautiful, huh?), changed out the hardware, and used it to display my grandmother's china.  I decided the other day that I was ready to give it a major face lift.  I wanted to paint it, take the doors off and whatever else I felt like doing.  

If you're an HGTV fanatic like me, you're familiar with Sarah's house.  Sarah is a ridiculously talented designer that takes old homes and transforms them into the most gorgeous spaces you have ever seen.  This week my space is my china cabinet and I think it's seen quite the transformation.  I. LOVE. IT.  I am so loving the color green right now.  I knew right away I wanted to go with a deep shade of green, but not too dark.  The second sample of paint I purchased was the perfect one.  Thank goodness for the small sample jars because I am horrible at picking out colors until I can actually see it on the surface I am painting.  I'm also in the process of painting and making new curtains for the kitchen so I'll share that when I'm finished.









Can't help but love when 'lil sweet pea crawls over to be in the pic too :)
Gotta love the early morn bed head- we may need our first haircut before our first birthday!






Just so you can see how big the transformation is here's the before...



Quite the improvement, huh?!? Please notice the floor in the before and after- I finally got rid of the horrible laminate!!! Thanks to the hubby who is a jack of all trades around the house! I love the new flooring SO much!!!


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I am so glad to hear someone else understands the greatness of Sarah's House!!! I love her and her show so much and I have seriously contemplated writing to her and expressing how fabulous she is and begging and pleading she come to me and help me decorate my house. That farmhouse remodel. Oh.My.Gosh.

    Great job on this piece! Looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ****GASP**** BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I think we need to hit up some antique shops and yard sales soon. You know I love a good transformation treasure. =)

    ReplyDelete