Monday, November 1, 2010

Whooooo's the cutest baby girl?!



I spotted the most adorable Halloween costume a couple of months ago when Pottery Barn came out with their costume line for this season.  I knew I had to have it. I knew sweet baby Kate would be the cutest Hoot Owl for her first Halloween. 

But....I didn't order it as early as I should have and they sold out. Bummer. So I hopped over to ebay where I hoped someone had bought one and changed their mind. Wrong. Yes, people had them for sale, but they were jacked up to over double the original price. That's right, over $100 bucks for a stinkin' Halloween costume. Uh, don't think so!

Sooooo, the crazy mom that I am, that was determined to dress my child as a hoot owl did what only one can do and made it.  I love to sew, but making sweet baby Kate's costume was never really on my to-do list due to the LiviKate's Collection orders that have required my time and sewing machine lately.  But, I'm pretty sure sweet K trumps anything else I have going on, so the creation of a hoot owl began.  I used a pic of the PB one as my inspiration and a combination of a bumble bee costume pattern for the body and one of sweet K's bonnets as my pattern for the head piece.    Honestly, I didn't know how it was going to turn out when I dove into this project, especially since I didn't really have an owl pattern. But after a couple of late, late nights and having my own model to "fit" every so often, I am SO incredibly proud of how it turned out. Take a look.....












our sweet lil' hoot owl.  at the mall to see some friends in their costumes too.
look at that "mom, i'm really hot, can't even turn my neck"face :)





With the Duncans- Woody and Jesse from Toy Story. 
Poor Eli was sick :(
Abbey made all their costumes too!






there's my sweet smiley girl.  






LOVE. THIS. SWEET. BABY.







so glad Honey and Poppy came over and spent the evening with us!


And Aunt K



And we can't leave out sister ;)





Happy Halloween!!!
Love,
The Johnstons :)

3 comments:

  1. Hailey...THAT is adorable!!!! She looks so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Martha...that is one cute owl! BTW, in all your free time (haha!) would you be at all interested in making me curtains for the boys rooms? Please be honest if you don't have the time! Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment about my hair!! :)

    ReplyDelete