Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dancing in the Minefields

Marriage is one of the greatest gifts that God blesses us with. When you get married, you learn how to live, communicate, and grow with that person. Then you begin to grow your little family and you can't thank God enough for the blessings He has so graciously given you.  But in the midst of all these wonderful life changes, you realize one thing, it's not always easy.  Marriage is work.  I recently heard this song by Andrew Peterson, who still has one of the greatest Christmas Albums ever in my book and it made me weep.  It's a beautiful song and it may be the most beautifully written song about marriage and the design of marriage I have ever heard. Below is the full video and song, but especially don't miss these lyrics...


"I do" are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another I've heard
Is a good place to begin
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/a/andrew_peterson/dancing_in_the_minefields.html ]
'Cause the only way to find your life
Is to lay your own life down
And I believe it's an easy price
For the life that we have found





That's all, just a blog about the beauty of marriage.  Mine is a work in progress and I pray yours is too. 



1 comment:

  1. Love that song! I just watched that video and cried of course! Love you Hay!

    ReplyDelete