Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Madness!!!

the cutest little wildcat i've ever seen :)

Yep, It's that time of year again.  The brackets are out and not only is my team the SEC Champions, but a number one seed.  FINALLY!  I L.O.V.E Kentucky Basketball, but it has been a rough couple of years for the Wildcats.  John Calipari has swooped in and revived this great program that has the most wins in NCAA Men's Basketball history!  Can't wait to cheer them on throughout the tournament- hopefully all the way to the championship game!

I have to admit, when I started rooting for the Wildcats it was in the midst of a couple of really good seasons- including 2 almost back to back NCAA championships, so you could say "I jumped on the bandwagon." BUT, it was that same Christmas (when I was in 6th grade) that my brother bought me a UK hat and it was over from there- I knew I would be a lifelong fan.  I had always rooted for the same team my brother pulled for, but now I had my own team and I was proud.

So, for over the past 13 years, my brother has lavished me with some kind of Kentucky themed gift for Christmas.  Ranging from PJ pants to Coffee Mugs and from Jog Suits (Yes, I have a jog suit hahaha) to Tickets to a game (My Favorite!)  I have not watched a game in THE Rupp Arena yet, but I do dream of the day when I can sit amongst the best fans in the nation, decked out from head to toe in my Kentucky Blue.

AND today is my Awesome Brother's Birthday....


Happy Birthday Patrick, Aka Uncle Patch!
-Patch was what I called him when I was little :)




We sure are proud of you! We all look forward to the day that you move back to Chattanooga (hopefully sooner than later!)



 His Law School Grad. May 2008



Uncle Patch & Kate





God has truly blessed me with such an amazing family and especially big brother!

Happy Birthday Patrick!
We Love You!




No comments:

Post a Comment