Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Craft

Don't you just love when you get an idea in your head and then when it starts to unravel, it turns out way better than you could have ever imagined?

Well, that was my experience today.  I have been wanting to make my own Spring wreath for a while now and just have not had the time.  I had to make a quick run to CVS and since K was staying at home with daddy, I thought I'd run across the street to take a quick stroll through Hobby Lobby.  I had already decided I was going to try to incorporate an old bird's nest from last Spring that had survived on our back porch into the wreath, but I had not yet figured out how.  As I browsed through the Spring section, I stumbled upon these beautiful bird plates.  I HAD to have them.  First the Nest, then the plate, and...

Voila.....


Don't you just love when things come together so easily! I have the tendency to spend way too much time on things, but this craft was super easy to design and assemble.  

My wreath consists of: (all from Hobby Lobby or found around my house)
-Bird Plate
-Cardboard squares wrapped in Burlap for the "Welcome" Letters
-Scrapbooking Letters for "Welcome" & "The Johnstons"
-Basic Stick Wreath
-Flowers
-Brown Ribbon
-Hoe and Shovel (Matches the plate)
-Old Bird's Nest from my back porch wrapped in Burlap

*Everything was half off except the "welcome" letters. That's why I LOVE Hobby Lobby! 
I Love Creating and Crafting things and love coming up with new ideas and projects. Please share any fun ideas and projects you may be working on! 


1 comment: