Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sweet as Honey



Happy Birthday to my Sweet, Sweet Mommy 

Surprise 50th B-day Party 2 years ago. I love her smile!


Today we celebrate the Sweetest Lady I know- My mom.  It's no wonder why her "grandma" name is Honey.  She actually decided on the name a day after Kate was born.  She had not found a name that she absolutely loved yet so she was still trying to find the "perfect grandmother name" when she ordered a gift basket for us from Shapiros.  She was talking with the owner about her predicament and she told her "you can borrow my "grandmother name" -HONEY!"

My Mom loved it! The owner told her that she loved when she picked her 3 yr old grandson up from school and all his friends yelled "Hey Honey!"  

Now, that's pretty dang cute, huh? 

So she introduced her new name to us by signing the card:  Love, Poppy, Honey, Uncle Patch, and Aunt K.  At first I was like "Honey?" But the more I thought about it, the more perfect I thought it was.  It's totally stuck and I LOVE it. 

 I love it so much because my mom is truly "Sweet as Honey."

There is nothing like my mother's love.  It hasn't been until I have gotten older that I realize the magnitude of this love.  

A love that forgave me when I did something really bad and was too prideful to even ask for forgiveness.  A love that continued to do for me and sacrifice for me when I didn't even appreciate it. A love that always greeted me with the kindest of words and affection when I had just acted like the biggest brat. And a love that never gave up on me because she knew one day I WOULD grow up :)

I think one of the best things in my life is the friendship I have with my mom now that I am older.  I could always talk to my mom about anything, but it wasn't until I was married that I really realized how much I cherished her as not only as my mom, but as my friend.

May 20, 2006



With the birth of my own daughter, I have become more thankful for my own mommy than ever.  She was there for me through every step of labor and after my sweet Kate entered the world.  Mommyhood is a HUGE adjustment and I could not imagine doing it without her advice, wisdom, encouragement, help, and love.


Proud Honey!- My mom looks hot and I look..tired haha


I pray that Kate and I will one day have the same kind of relationship my mom and I share.  One that is not perfect, but forgiving.  We have so much fun together and truly enjoy each other and just being together.   Kate loves her Honey and Honey definitely loves her Kate!  

Thank you Lord for my Momma and blessing me with a sweet woman of God to look up to and aspire to be like. 

Happy Birthday Mom


1 comment:

  1. that's sweet hay! that picture of Kate at the bottom is just too precious!

    ReplyDelete