Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Do what you Love, Love what you Do


This week I returned to my little ballerina girls.  I feel so incredibly blessed that I can still be a stay at home mommy and teach dance.  I just have to leave my sweet girl for a few hours three afternoons a week.  Two days I just drop her off with Daddy and he heads home with her and the other day my sweet friend Abbey keeps her.  It was so good to be back and I loved all the little screams of "Ms. Hailey!" that greeted me.  When I told my Monday 7-8 yr old class to settle down and listen and that I knew they were excited to be at dance one of them exclaimed "No, we're excited that you're back!" How sweet?!? I love working with kids- especially the little ones.  Here are a few reasons why I LOVE my job.

-"Ms. Hailey, that bump on your belly is gone"
-"Ms. Hailey, My sister (who is ten) can babysit"
-"I need a tennis shoe (tissue), my nose is running"
-And the highlight of my day: one of my 3 yr olds had a car crash into her house last week and she was telling me all about the big hole that her house had had.  And than she precedes to tell me about the lady who crashed into their house: "And the lady that crashed into our house got out and said, 'What the Hell I did?'" I looked at Liz and said did she just say Hell? and then we laughed really hard. It was at the beginning of class so one of the other moms heard her and apparently mentioned it  to her mom cause she came in and apologized and said "that's what the lady really said, didn't realize she was going to share the story so literally" hehehe 

Here's a pic from nearly 2 years ago! WOW- how time flies!  




Me and Ms. Liz -who I could not do without! 
As crazy and stressful as it gets sometimes we LOVE our job and get much joy and laughter out of it!




After the day is done, I get to return to this sweet girl and cherish the time I have with her because I know she'll be running around in tights and a tutu one day. 

Oh, and have I mentioned K's sleeping like 7-8 hours a night (For over a week now!) Seriously, I think she loves sleep as much as her momma and I am soooo thankful! She's a happy baby for sure!



Uncle Patch is also coming in town tonight! Wahoo...Can't wait for him to meet Kate! He has been so excited.  I hate that he lives so far away.  He's making quite the career for himself out in Phoenix as a Prosecutor, but we're all praying he'll work back in Chattanooga one day soon! He's not only my big brother, but he's been my lifelong best friend! He let me tag along and be "one of the boys" (I grew up with 6 boys in the neighborhood and not a single girl!) and he played the protective older brother when all his friends would give him a hard time about his cute little sister :) We laugh a lot when we're together and I so look forward to just the time I'll spend at my parents house this weekend with my mom, dad, Patrick, lil' sis Kendra, Kate and Steven! My idea of a PERFECT weekend. 


We share a special TN/UK rivalry! We've made several trips to Knoxville to watch both Basketball & Football games together.  Normally the Basketball games end up in my favor :) Ok, football has NEVER worked out in my favor hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment